2017 Toyota Camry Performance
With Toyota’s time-tested reputation for reliability, the 2017 Toyota Camry features two engine options to give you efficient and powerful performance. Available now at Garber Fox Lake Toyota, this sedan also features a versatile and seamless transmission as well as some exciting technology. Learn all about the new Camry’s capabilities below, and then meet us at Garber Fox Lake Toyota to take one for a test drive today!
The new Toyota Camry offers two engines to choose from so you can pick between efficiency and powerful performance.
- 2.5L 4-cylinder Engine: This is the standard engine on the Camry and is available across the lineup. With Toyota Direct Injection and16-valve dual variable valve timing with intelligence, you’ll see high fuel efficiency. This engine develops up to 178-hp and 170 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 3.5L V6 Engine: Available on both the XLE and XSE trim levels, this powerful V6 engine boosts the power with a difference you can feel. This engine also features Toyota Direct Injection and 16-valve dual variable valve-timing with intelligence. It generates an impressive 268-hp and 248 lb.-ft. of torque.
A six speed automatic transmission is standard across the Toyota Camry lineup, no matter which engine you go with. This electronically-controlled transmission offers seamless gear transitions as you drive around. On the SE and XSE models, you’ll be equipped with paddle shifters next to the steering wheel. These handy controls allow you to manually change gears when you want a more engaged driving experience, whether you’re on the open highway or a hilly area.
Whichever model you go with, you’ll be pleased to know that the 2017 Toyota Camry is a fuel efficient sedan for all of your commuter needs in Fox Lake and beyond.
- Standard Engine: When you choose this engine on any model in the lineup, you’ll receive up to 33 mpg highway and 24 mpg city, or 27 mpg combined.
- V6 Engine: Upgrading to this model will exchange a few miles for more power. You’ll receive up to 30 mpg highway and 21 mpg city or 24 mpg combined, so you’ll get the right combination of a sporty driving experience and efficient fuel economy.
Other Performance Features
It’s not just the engine or transmission that makes the 2017 Toyota Camry deliver peak performance to drivers. This sedan was designed with special performance features to enhance your driving experience, working together to give you the reliability and capability that the Toyota name is known for.
- Push Button Start: Starting inside of the cabin, you won’t need to search for your keys in your pocket or purse. As long as you have the smart key fob on your person, you’ll be able to start the engine with the press of a button located next to the steering wheel while you hold down the brake pedal.
- Dual Exhaust System: In the rear of the vehicle, the dual exhaust system hints at the sporty capability of what’s under the hood while boosting horsepower at the same time.
- Electric Power Steering: This steering system evaluates driver input as well as road conditions to make minor adjustments to steering in order to deliver precision steering so you go exactly where you intend with each and every turn.
- Vortex Generators: With an aerodynamic body, the Camry was designed to minimize air resistance for better efficiency and less lag in the wind. Small areas in various parts of the body divert wind flow to give you an added boost to performance.
- Suspension: A sporty suspension with recalibrated springs and shocks and sway bars help balance out the road conditions to give you a smooth ride even if you’re traveling down a bumpy road.
There are other things to look forward to from the new Toyota Camry, too. These are just a few of the exciting features you can expect from this midsize sedan.
- Toyota Entune Infotainment System
- Power tilt-and-sliding moonroof
- Power-adjustable heated seats with power lumbar support
- Qi-compatible wireless charging pad for smart devices
Experience the 2017 Toyota Camry on the Road Today
Meet us at Garber Fox Lake Toyota to take the 2017 Toyota Camry for a test drive. We’re located at 75 U.S. 12 in Fox Lake, IL, serving drivers of across the greater Fox Lake area. You can give us a ring by calling us at 847-497-9094 to ask any questions, or you can leave a message online to have a sales specialist contact you. Don’t wait to see how this time-tested favorite will amaze you!