2017 Toyota Corolla Safety Features
Whether you’re driving in highway traffic or unpredictable city streets, the long list of 2017 Toyota Corolla safety features will give you the peace of mind you’ve always needed on your Fox Lake commute.
Toyota Safety Sense P
The Toyota Safety Sense P suite, or TSS-P, is a standard feature for every 2017 Corolla on the roadways. It includes four active safety features to help you negotiate those unexpected obstacles:
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: Set your cruising speed, and let your DRCC do the rest. It maintains a preset distance between you and the vehicles ahead. When the road clears, you’ll return to your original cruising speed.
- Automatic High Beams: Keep your mind on the road and hands on the wheel with automatic high beams. When vehicles are approaching, your low beams are engaged and as the traffic fades, your high beams will reengage.
- Lane Departure Alert With Steering Assist: If you unexpectedly veer from the center of your lane, you’ll receive an alert. When necessary, the system will take corrective steering action to safely guide you back to center.
- Pre-Collision System With Pedestrian Detection: This system scans the way ahead, looking for potential collisions and pedestrians that might be in your path. When an obstacle is detected, you’ll receive an audio and visual alert.
Star Safety System
When you’re in the mood to push new Toyota Corolla to the limit in its thrilling Sport mode, the Star Safety System will keep all four wheels safely on the ground. It builds upon the TSS-P with even more holistic safety measures:
- Anti-Lock Brake System: When you suddenly hit the brakes, this system prevents your brakes from locking and your Corolla from skidding. It keeps the situation under control through pulsing the brakes until everything is under control.
- Traction Control: On slippery roadways, this technology reduces engine power and applies brake power to individual wheels to maximize traction whenever things get a little dicey.
- Brake Assist: In an emergency situation, you’ll hit the brakes a little harder than normal. This system picks up on your cue and will apply extra brake power to help you come to a timely and complete stop.
- Vehicle Stability Control: This system is dedicated to keeping all four wheels on the ground. If you become unbalanced, the system applies brake force and reduces engine power to maintain stability.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution: In addition to adding its weight behind brake locking reduction, this system prevents the Corolla from loosing balance in unpredictable situations. It redistributes your brake force across all four wheels to compensate for hard braking.
- Smart Stop Technology: If you accidentally hit your brake and gas pedals simultaneously, this technology will automatically bring the vehicle to a stop just in case you find yourself in a tough situation.
Comprehensive Safety Features
The Toyota engineers didn’t stop at those two expansive safety suites. They’ve given your new ride even more safety elements to make sure you’re Corolla performs well into the future.
- Integrated Backup Camera: Shift into reverse and you’ll see a live feed of everything happening behind you. On your console’s screen, you’ll even see spatial lines for added guidance as you navigate out of tight spaces.
- 8 Standard Airbags: To keep you safe, the cabin is loaded with a diverse set of airbags. The front passengers have front seat-mounted airbags, seat-cushion airbags and a driver knee airbag. Plus, front and rear side curtain airbags protect all passengers.
- Tire Pressure Monitor System: This system consistently monitors the tire pressure of your system and alerts you when things are low. With good tire pressure, you can reduce traction issues.
- Whiplash Injury Lessening Seats: In the event that you are involved with a rear end collision, these specially formulated seats will help to reduce the severity of whiplash related injuries.
- ToyotaCare: Your new 2017 Corolla comes with a no cost maintenance plan that is good for 2 years or 25,000 miles. Plus, you get access to 24-hour roadside assistance for the first 2 years no matter how many miles you have.
- LATCH: Give your younger travelers an extra layer of protection with Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children. These anchors are located on the rear seats and outboard seats.
Learn More About the 2017 Corolla on Your Test Drive
Are you ready to test out 2017 Toyota Corolla Safety firsthand? Come on down to Garber Fox Lake Toyota, located at 75 S US-12. If you have any questions or want to make an appointment, give us a call at (847) 497-9094 or fill out our quick contact form.