Keeping You Safe: Tacoma Safety Features
The Toyota Tacoma pickup truck is not only safe, but was voted the number one best resale value of 2018. The Tacoma continues to impress its owners by its ability to not only carry the load that other trucks can’t, but also keep its passengers safe with incredible features like Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P). Learn all about how this formidable midsize truck measures up in keeping you protected on the Libertyville roads.
Key Safety Features of the Latest Toyota Tacoma
Toyota’s Tacoma pickup truck boasts compelling safeguards against unpredictability that may arise when you’re driving. Some of the intriguing safety features you’ll find inside a Tacoma are:
- Star Safety System™: The latest Tacoma comes packed with Toyota Safety Sense™ features like vehicle stability control (VSC), electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD), and brake assist (BA). These features help keep the midsize pickup truck steady in any number of unfortunate circumstances it may face on the road.
- Smart Stop Technology: You can control your drive, but you cannot control how others drive around you. That’s why Toyota equips the Tacoma with smart stop technology (SST). This will help your vehicle reduce power to assist the brakes to stop in the event that you’re not able to do so quickly enough.
- Tire Pressure Monitor System: Toyota’s TPMS keeps drivers at ease knowing your tire’s are being monitored continuously as you drive around Waukegan. When a tire becomes under-inflated or even flat, it’ll alert you at once. This standard feature gives additional peace of mind when you’re taking longer trips with your truck.
- Advanced Airbags: The Tacoma is ready with driver and passenger airbags along the cabin. The truck also has roll-sensing curtain airbags that’ll release in the event your vehicle tries to roll over.
These are just some of the many safety features the Toyota offers in the Tacoma. This, coupled with powerful vehicle performance makes the new Tacoma a force on the roads of Fox Lake.
Tacoma’s Technological Safety Highlights
As mentioned, the Tacoma has so many safety sensing features with the help of front and rear cameras. Some of these amazing characteristics built within the Tacoma are:
- Pre-Collision System: The pre-collision system uses the front camera to continuously check if there are vehicles, pedestrians, or even cyclists that are at risk of being struck. This system will warn you if you get too close to impact and will even utilize brake assist if you’re not applying your brakes in time.
- Lane Assist: When you’re driving long distances, it could be hard to keep your attention after many hours in a vehicle. Toyota’s lane assist features warning alerts when you drift out of your lane and even provides steering assistance to get you back into your lane.
- Radar Cruise Control: This dynamic cruise control offers to keep you going in sporadic driving conditions. You’ll set your speed, and based on a preset distance that you’ll set, your Tacoma will adjust speeds so that you’ll remain behind other vehicles at a safe distance.
- Road Sign Assist: On newer Tacoma models, you’ll enjoy knowing your truck helps keep your drive compliant with road sign assistance. This feature is designed to recognize various styles of road signs like stop signs or speed signs and display them to you on your instrument panel.
Get Inside the Toyota Tacoma at Garber Fox Lake Toyota
Ready to try the new Toyota Tacoma for yourself? Stop by the Garber Fox Lake Toyota showroom in Fox Lake and test drive the Tacoma to feel its safe features on the road. If you’ve reviewed our inventory of Tacomas and are ready to begin your new truck buying process, apply for financing before coming in.
Learn More About the Tacoma Features
The Toyota Tacoma pickup truck is not only safe, but was voted the number one best resale value of 2018. The Tacoma continues to impress its owners by its ability to not only carry the load that other trucks can’t, but also keep its passengers safe with incredible features like Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)….
If you need a truck that can handle the roads of Libertyville and Waukegan with ease, then there’s nothing quite like the Toyota Tacoma. This impressive pickup has the V6 power and rugged suspension to tackle on- and off-road conditions like a pro, but the Toyota Tacoma towing just might be the highlight of the…