Trims and Pricing
This year’s lineup of the 2017 Toyota Tacoma features six trims to choose from so you can choose a capable budget-friendly truck or a well-equipped and powerful pickup.
- SR – MSRP starting at $24,210*
- SR5 – MSRP starting at $26,205*
- TRD Sport – MSRP starting at $30,485*
- TRD Off-Road – MSRP starting at $31,740*
- Limited – MSRP starting at $35,720*
- TRD Pro – MSRP starting at $40,760*
The 2017 Toyota Tacoma announces itself with a bold front grille framed by available projector-beam headlights matched with LED daytime running lights. Most models offer a power-sliding rear window. There are two bed lengths to choose from, so you can opt for the body that gives you the utility you’ll use most. The short bed is 60.5 inches while the long bed is 73.7 inches long. Various wheel options from 16 to 18-inches exist to choose from. The Smart Key system allows you to access the Tacoma without digging for your keys.
Under the hood, you’ll find a powerful 3.5L V6 engine that works with a 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission to deliver up to 278-hp and 265 lb.-ft. of torque. This powertrain offers you up to 24 mpg highway and 19 mpg city. When equipped with the available Tow Package that comes with Trailer Sway Control, the Tacoma can manage up to 6,400 lbs, or a towing capacity of 3,500 lbs. is standard. Both 4WD and Crawl Control are standard to make navigating tough terrain and adverse road conditions easier.
Interior Features and Design
Pick between the Access Cab and Double Cab depending on the room that you’re looking for in the cabin. Upper trim levels offer premium leather seating for maximum comfort, and soft-touch materials make for a sophisticated design for everyone to appreciate. Tech inside the cabin helps you stay connected and entertained on commutes and adventures.
- Toyota Entune Infotainment: Access smartphone syncing, audio streaming, available navigation packages, and more from a 7-inch touchscreen display.
- GoPro® Windshield Mount: Capturing you and your loved ones enjoying the off-road capabilities is easy when you secure your camera in this mount.
- Qi-Compatible Wireless Charging: Ditch the wires and charge your smart devices by placing them on this grip pad that will power you back up in no time.
Advance Safety Technologies
The 2017 Toyota Tacoma comes flush with advanced safety technologies to give you the confidence to go off-road or take the family on trips long and short.
- Toyota Star Safety System: This suite of safety features includes Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Brake Assist, and more.
- Integrated Backup Camera: Every Tacoma offers you a view of the rear on the touchscreen display when the transmission is shifted to reverse.
- Rear Parking Sonar: Whether you’re in rocky terrain or a crowded parking lot, receive an alert if you’re in danger of hitting a nearby object or vehicle.
2017 Toyota Tacoma Reviews
Critics love the 2017 Toyota Tacoma for it’s comfortable cabin loaded with tech in addition to its off-road ability.
- Edmunds: “Looking for a midsize pickup that can do it all? You should definitely check out the 2017 Toyota Tacoma, a go-anywhere truck that combines an efficient V6 engine with a truck bed loaded with clever cargo management features.”
- The Car Connection: “Inside, the cabin boasts a more horizontal dashboard layout with far more upscale materials and finishes than before.”
- Motortrend: “The 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro builds on where the last model left off with even more off-road hardware and electronics.”
- Autoblog: “The shocks soak up and moderate sharp impulses, so the truck bucks and tosses considerably less when moving at a good clip than a lot of serious off-road specials.”
The 2017 Toyota Tacoma is Here For a Test Drive Today
Come in to Garber Fox Lake Toyota today to take the 2017 Toyota Tacoma out for a test drive. Our showroom is located at 75 S US-12 in Fox Lake, IL. If you’d like to make an appointment, you can speak with one of our sales specialists by giving us a call at (847) 497-9094. You can reach out online if you have any feedback or questions. We look forward to meeting new customers of McHenry and Grayslake!