Toyota Safety Sense™ vs. Honda Sensing™ in Fox Lake, IL
Even on a clear and sunny day road conditions are unpredictable. To help combat unexpected situations while you’re behind the wheel, Toyota Safety Sense™ and Honda Sensing™ systems were born. Designed to protect you, other drivers, and pedestrians, these safety systems will make your daily routine safer than the average vehicle. Read on to learn how, and then browse our new inventory to see if the equipped model you’re eyeing is available at Garber Fox Lake Toyota.
What is Toyota Safety Sense™ and Honda Sensing™?
Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS) and Honda Sensing™ are a suite of brand-exclusive safety systems that help increase the driver’s awareness or actively intervene to prevent frontal collisions, keep drivers in their lane, and improve safety during nighttime driving. Both Toyota Safety Sense™ and Honda Sensing™ use radar sensors and cameras to detect and provide live visuals of what’s happening around your vehicle. As a result, passengers and pedestrians are protected from harm and roads become safer for everyone.
Toyota Safety Sense™ Features vs. Honda Sensing™ Features
Even though Toyota Safety Sense™ and Honda Sensing™ offer similar features, TSS will be standard on all Toyota models by the end of 2017 while Honda Safety Sense™ is reserved for select trim packages. When you test-drive a Toyota car, truck, or SUV, at our dealership in Fox Lake, IL, ask about the following safety systems:
- Pre-Collision System (PCS)with Brake Assist detects the vehicle in front of you and if it determines a collision is possible, PCS alerts the driver and applies the brakes to reduce your speed.
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA) warns the driver when they’re drifting from their lane. If your vehicle has Electronic Power Steering, the Steering Assist function will guide the vehicle back to its lane autonomously.
- Automatic High Beams switches between high and low beam as it detects oncoming traffic.
- PCS w/Pedestrian Detection detects pedestrians in front of your vehicle and warns you to prevent a collision and if you don’t apply the brakes in time, PCS will.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control0 automatically maintains a preset distance between you and the vehicle in front of you by decelerating and accelerating with the flow of traffic.
Toyota Safety Sense™ Available Models
Whether you need a commuter car or family hauler, the following models are equipped standard with Toyota Safety Sense™.
|Toyota Cars||Toyota SUVs|
Why Choose Toyota Safety Sense™ to Keep You Safe
A more comprehensive safety suite that comes standard is unavailable with other brands, which proves Toyota’s commitment to making roads safer for drivers and pedestrians alike. To learn more about a specific model with Toyota Safety Sense™, check out our model research pages. If you have questions for the team at Garber Fox Lake Toyota, give us a call at (847) 497-9094.